Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Online Caf Training

Hi

My SENCO has been told training in CAF that can be done online for free but unfortunately cannot remember where to find out about it. Has anyone got any ideas? We are based in Essex.

Thanks

HI

Yes it can there is a whole host of information and e-learning courses on the essex website

you will need to register and then just work your way through all the various areas! If you get stuck give me a shout!

Edited by HappyMaz
To remove link to the website which we believe is for practitioners in Essex only.

Online learning can be so much more convenient, but the idea of doing CAF training on your own sounds really odd - surely if you are trained alongside other professionals, it gives you a chance to network, to understand their perspective etc?

I agree, I like to share ideas and information with people on courses but at least this way it can be done in own time I suppose. Am having trouble accessing any of the pages although have registered..maybe its having a slow Sunday morning-a bit like me!!

I don't think the online CAF training is intended to be done as an alternative to face to face training. HOwever, it does allow you to read all the information at your own pace, and to go back and 're-do' anything you are unsure of. The quiz at the end should highlight any aspects you are unclear on and the certificate you can print (which shows your score out of 20 questions) goes some way towards providing evidence of keeping up to date.

I think it's like many things, we are all different, and for some attending a training session and chatting with others is a preferred style of learning whilst for others seeing it all in black and white and having it available whenever you want/need it is perhaps what some prefer - I think there is room for both!

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think the online CAF training is intended to be done as an alternative to face to face training. HOwever, it does allow you to read all the information at your own pace, and to go back and 're-do' anything you are unsure of. The quiz at the end should highlight any aspects you are unclear on and the certificate you can print (which shows your score out of 20 questions) goes some way towards providing evidence of keeping up to date.

I think it's like many things, we are all different, and for some attending a training session and chatting with others is a preferred style of learning whilst for others seeing it all in black and white and having it available whenever you want/need it is perhaps what some prefer - I think there is room for both!

Oops just realised the link to the training had been posted earlier,sorry! Half term brain sleepiness I think!!

As you might have seen from Geraldine's post above, I have deleted the link to the online CAF training because we think it might be for the exclusive use of practitioners in Essex. If we find out that it is available for anyone to use we will reinstate it.

Maz