Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interviews Interviews Interviews

Hi Everyone,

Hope you have all had a good week. I was hoping that some of you may be able to help - I have applied for an EYFS Manager job and fingers crossed I will get an interview. What questions could i be asked? Anyone got any ideas that may help me orgnaise my thoughts please.

Thank you all in advane

Melc

I think it will really depend on the priorities of the school.

Are there any pointers in the job advert or the person spec/ job description as to what they might be looking for that pertain particularly to their needs? Hopefully you have visited, so any pointers there?

You really need to think around the role of manger and what it means to you and how you would fulfil that role as I would imagine that could be quite crucial.No doubt if you are asked to do a presentation or work with a group there are likely to be questions about that too.

Do remember that it is your opportunity to ask questions of them, you need to feel that you would be happy there in that role and that you would be supported. I always think the "have you got any questions" is the most difficult one!

Good luck.

I agree with Susan, have a good look at the person spec and be prepared to answer questions on any aspect of it.

If I were recruiting a foundation manager (in school I presume?) I would be asking about some or all of the following

• your knowledge of the EYFS, including experience of the EYFSP,
  • your experiences managing a team, something around your leadership qualities. (I remember being asked about conflict resolution in my FS manager interview)
  • how you engage parents, what sorts of things you would do
  • something around safeguarding is likely in any interview
  • how you would create links with KS1, and support to the life of the school, including how you might share FS practice with colleagues from other year groups.

Its probably also worth looking at their last OFSTED report especially if this is recent

Good luck with it

I had a similar interview last week and got the job, so I'd be happy to tell you all about it, in as much detail as you want. PM me if you'd like me to tell you about it - it might be a bit dull for everyone else! :o

I had a similar interview last week and got the job, so I'd be happy to tell you all about it, in as much detail as you want. PM me if you'd like me to tell you about it - it might be a bit dull for everyone else! :o

Many congratulations on getting the job xD I don't work in a school but I would be very interested to hear about your interview and certainly wouldn't find it dull :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)