Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dhc

Hi everyone, I am still doing my practise questions for the DHC and am stuck I need to answer ......

Explain why it is important to have a policy on safeguarding

in 350 words and i'm upto just over 200. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Amanda J xxx

hello Amanda

What have you included so far!!

If you give a brief outline then we can advise on what else to include. Unsworth

I've included info on how it is a welfare requirement along with your procedure, how it protects not only the children from neglect and abuse but also yourself and any staff you have working with you if an allegation was made against you. My brain has gone blank and im really struggling

Hope this helps and then someone can point me in the right direction

xxxxx

How about the benefits for parents - it demonstrates that you understand what to do and will help and support their child, also their child is protected while in your care - because you get CRB checks for the household, and don't leave them unsupervised while you have building work etc etc

And so that you can be confident that you will act appropriately in the unlikely case that you suspect a child of being abused/neglected. You will know who to call and to write to in what timeframe, and be able to provide good evidence for other professionals to act upon (social services, police etc.)

The only time I thought a child MIGHT need help I took out my policy and it calmed me down because I knew exactly the course of action I should take. I felt much more confident because I had an up to date, accurate Safeguarding Policy.

New computer since i did the DHC or I'd be able to give a fuller answer.

Fe

Thankyou for your input, I have now finished and submitted my piece so hopefully i'll pass xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)