Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Records

Hello all,

We have (I think), rather bloated staff files and I'm looking to trim them down a bit. The trouble is, I keep thinking "We don't need this bit, or do we?"

Can any of you let me know what you keep in the files so that I can get an idea of what I can throw away?

Cheers,

duggy.

Edited by Guest

We have their application form, interview notes, supervision meeting notes, appraisals, contract, health declaration form, form to say they have read the policies, job description........

I will have a think of what else is in there...

We have their application form, interview notes, supervision meeting notes, appraisals, contract, health declaration form, form to say they have read the policies, job description........

I will have a think of what else is in there...

we also had copies of qualifications, and any training they had completed since, references taken up, Crb number & date received,

we had an induction training list and they signed when completed..

sure there was more..

Inge

That you, all,

Looks like I'm on the right track then.

The Next of Kin details are well worth adding, so thatnks for that!

duggy.

As well as the next of kin we also include a medical and CRB declaration completed each year. It is a simple statement to say the staff member is or isn't taking medication or experiencing any illness which might affect their ability to carry out their role and that their CRB status has not changed since the original was completed.

Guest jenpercy
As well as the next of kin we also include a medical and CRB declaration completed each year. It is a simple statement to say the staff member is or isn't taking medication or experiencing any illness which might affect their ability to carry out their role and that their CRB status has not changed since the original was completed.

Do you have copy of medical declaration? Have been looking around but can't find something simple and to the point

I put one in the resource library a while ago.. Ofsted were happy with it... previous one we had there was no mention of alcohol/drugs on it and they commented making us add it.. we had staff complete it and then just sign it each year adding anything if needed..

we too had a next of kin and address etc which was checked every year at same time..

Inge