Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Glass In Compost

This a.m at playgroup we tipped compost into our sensory tray and there was a lump of sharp clear glass in it. We then tipped out the whole bag of compost and found another piece of brown bottle glass in the compost. We could only assume the glass must have been in the compost already. Has anyone else had this happen?

Yes, I've come across this before, you certainly get plenty of bits of plastic.

I'm not sure what the answer is. Perhaps contact the manufacturer and complain?

What make was the compost?

Hi it was J Arthur Bowers cheap one. We thought about complaining but I am sure they would maintain the compost was never intended for small children to play with. It just never occured to us that there might be anything other than compost in the compost.

I am sure they would maintain the compost was never intended for small children to play with.

Not sure that this would be of any significance - anyone putting their hand in that bag of compost to use it would be at the same risk as your children - could be a person living on their own who uses it and cuts in important artery on their wrist and can't get to a telephone to call for help - it's worth complaining.

Hi it was J Arthur Bowers cheap one. We thought about complaining but I am sure they would maintain the compost was never intended for small children to play with. It just never occured to us that there might be anything other than compost in the compost.

Well had exactly the same today!!!............same make as yours.

Ours came from a Macro store - but was donated by a parent as it was a BOGOF offer.

Edited by louby loo

I've just done a very quick search on Google for this compost and have found 4 different mentions on 4 unconnected forums of glass found in it and also mentions of other debris and mould.

Looks like this might be one to steer clear of! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)