Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

After School Club Planning/activities And Eyfs

Hi all

I just wondered if you could help me at all as i am unfamiliar with the running and organisation of After School clubs. I have been asked to stand in as acting Manager for 3 months, but i don't feel that confident as my experience is mostly gained in the education side of things - not play...If anyone has any advice as to planning,play plans or any good activities, i would be really greatful :+)

Guest jenpercy

Are there existing staff? go in and see how it is run, read the policies, talk to staff. you should have a Deputy, so see if you are happy that she knows what to do. Come back if you need more advice. there is an after-school clubs section of forum you could browse too.

There are existing staff, i've just been in and there is alot of work to do -in regards to the EYFS,policies and procedure.Plus there isn't a Deputy, just me and 2 play workers - which does fulfil the child to adult ratio.

Guest jenpercy
There are existing staff, i've just been in and there is alot of work to do -in regards to the EYFS,policies and procedure.Plus there isn't a Deputy, just me and 2 play workers - which does fulfil the child to adult ratio.

Is one of them Level 3? You will have to have a named Deputy, especially if you take EYFS, but this has always been the case. You are not allowed to open without a Level3 present, or at least OFSTED may grant it in exceptional circs but they must be notified imediately

Jen

Hi Jen

I'm know one playworker is a level 2 working towards her level 3, but i'm not too sure aboput the other play worker - i haven't been into the setting as of yet -i'm in there tomorrow-so things should be a little clearer. I have been told that i will not get a Deputy Manager.So depending on child numbers there will be me (i hold level 7 qualification) and one play worker.

Guest jenpercy

I still don't think you need Deputy although not sure what level 7 is - what if you are off sick. But you can always check with OFSTED. I was told we cannot open for one day without at least Level 3 and we MUST havwe named Deputy (who must be Level 3)

Guest jenpercy
I still don't think you need Deputy although not sure what level 7 is - what if you are off sick. But you can always check with OFSTED. I was told we cannot open for one day without at least Level 3 and we MUST havwe named Deputy (who must be Level 3)

Don't know how that don't got in there. I meant to say you must have one. are

I have just got agenda for next meeting of out of school club which i am new member of. On it planning!!!??? I wonder why they are doing it as opposed to staff? Im not sure they should be!

Guest jenpercy
I have just got agenda for next meeting of out of school club which i am new member of. On it planning!!!??? I wonder why they are doing it as opposed to staff? Im not sure they should be!

I agree that staff should be doing it? Are they? It may be that planning will be discused in more general terms

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)