laura Posted April 27, 2010 Posted April 27, 2010 As part of being on the 2 year old pilot we have £1000 grant to spend on resourcing things that can be taken home by any child in receipt of this funding. We have received a starter pack of a lovely treasure basket and a (rather basic!) story sack with 2 stories and 2 puppets. We can also use this money to fund staff to go and support families at their homes and to link up with the children's centre. I have seen a lovely heuristic play set from TTS which was about £155 and some story sacks but wondered if anyone had any fab ideas or suggestions of resources that work well for them when used in a similiar way. Any ideas would be gratefully received!
rayofsunshine Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 Hi Laura! I did a fantastic training day today on Elizabeth Jarman's bags for families. The bags included open ended resources such as baskets, small tents, blankets, canopies and great little colour changing light cubes (b&q - £2.50). These bags are designed to get parent and child to have a two way dialogue and play together using their imagination. I haven't checked out their website yet but they may have ideas for resources. This training was a follow on from the communication friendly spaces training and I'd recommend them both. Hope this helps!
laura Posted April 30, 2010 Author Posted April 30, 2010 Hi Rayofsunshine thanks for that, i'll have a look x
Recommended Posts