Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transitions

Hi all :(

just a quick note to see if anyone has any references on how children dealing with a parental separtion may experience different types of change and trauma...Have got piles of books and forgot where I have read about it :o . fed up with constantly going through them and the pages just seem a blur at the moment :( . I also need a reference to how the birth of a new sibling may also affect a child xD .

Will be grateful of any help :( Thanks in advance

Hello,

I am currently researching 'supporting children with SEN through transition into primary schools' for my independant study. I guess this is not what your looking for.

However I have come across some interesting websites for information and references:

. www.teachertv.com

. www.nfer.com

These suggest how you could be supporting children through transition such ahs having a new member to the family and the inclusivity measures/practices which could be adopted.

Sparklebox.com also have good resourses to download andn print such as games {or could use books} to help children understand

Sorry cant be of more help.

Oh wow, thank you Maz, I was nat aware of this!!!

No problem Mel. If you prefer not to use Sparklebox in future there are quite a few threads on here suggesting alternatives.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)