Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview

Have been asked to attend interview for my job (sad but moving) there is only one person who has applied,she trained in Hungry,would this be accepted?

The job is for a trained member of staff.

Any good questions ?? Thank you.

Hi Oldtimer -

We posted an article on interviews recently - have you seen it yet? It's done from the perspective of someone applying for a job, but has questions you might expect to ask/be asked. Might be worth reading through? You can find it here.

Hope it helps - good luck with the interview! :)

Hi Oldtimer,

One of my staff is Hungarian (she trained here, though!) I have heard from many sources that early years in Hungary is superb; child-centred, creative, imaginative play, lots of music and movement, etc. She may well be a great asset to the nursery :)

The only thing I can think of in terms of matching up qualifications is to get in touch with the embassy?

Would OFSTED, DFEE or QCA be able to help?

Obviously, questions on any experience in this country with the FS curriculum etc, if little experience here you may need to give examples of your work practice and see if she can relate it to her experiences in her home land. I do like the phrase "Transferable Skills" these skills should be valued and can be a benefit, but the onus on her would be to explain, "sell" her skills as transferable to your requirements. That said as long as her qualifications are acceptable.

Peggy

p.s. Good luck with your move

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)