Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Library

Do your Reception children go to the Library and take a couple of books home on a weekly basis?

they didn't at my last school but they could go after school with their parents to the school library. Year One always went and borrowed books though!

Mine have been taking 2 books for a couple of years, but the Head has been considering for the Librarian to bring topic related books to the classroom. I am not sure if it is with the purpose to keep the books in the classroom during the topic (I always take some for the Reading Area) or for the children to take them home. For now they take 2 books of their own choice, no matter what topic is taking place. By concern is that they would loose the chance to choose on their own of whatever they would like.

Edited by SmileyPR

Mine don't go to the library - but they take books home from our class book corner daily (or whenever they want to change them).

Do you mean the school library or a public library? Mine choose one book a week from the infant library. We have some junior children who are library monitors who come down and help the children. They check they've returned their book and book a new book out for them. The children all enjoy it when it's their turn - the little ones like the big ones spending time with them, and the juniors love spending time with the young ones - and it gives them a sense of responsibility. The juniors are really good with the little ones and will talk about the books with them before they put them away ready for home.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)