Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Long To Have Activities Out For

Just a random quick question that has been concerning me a little but how long do you keep your activities out for? for example we plan indoor activities for the 6 areas of learning and then outdoors activities for the areas of learning. These activities are then out for the duration of the week being tweaked and added to depending on what the children roll with and show interest in.

Does that sound about right?

Thankies :o

xx

hi there sparklesinblack. As Susan said I would be guided by your children's reactions and also their attendance.. so if you have children coming in many different sessions all week, then keeping something available all week enables them all to access it. However if you have the same chidlren in every day, you may find their interest wanes by half way through the week, in which case Id perhpas think about changing it.

Definitely be guided by the children. I had the same small world set up for 5 weeks once because the children loved it and used it constantly. It was never empty! But then there have been other activities I've changed after 1 or 2 days because there was such a lack of interest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)