Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents/carers As Partners

Hi everyone

I am loking for some advice! I am re-writing our parents as partners policy at the moment and the feedback i have recieved from some staff and parent is that they would like some reference to the rights of seperated parents. I agree with this but I have no idea how to word it!!! Help!

Many Thanks

bunnyhop

P.s. does anyone know why my post counts seem to be stuck at 2?

I bunnyhop. I think you would need to word it carefully. You must acknowledge that every parent has something to offer their child, that you will endeavour to include all parents in their childs care and education but you must allow for court judgements that say otherwise. You must also point out that you cant take the word of one parent over another, if one parent says the other cant collect, if they have parental responsibilty you cant stop the collection. You could offer to phone the first parent and delay but you have no power unless its backed up with a officila ruling.

A bit of a minefield isnt it. Can your EY dept help? Or your local safeguarding officer?

P.s. does anyone know why my post counts seem to be stuck at 2?

As sienna indicated, any posts made in the Lounge or Introduce yourself part of the forum do not count towards your post count. :o

Thanks Rea thats great! It was on a safeguarding forum that it was brought up but they offered no real support on how to implement it!

Sienna and Beau - that makes sense!

Many Thanks! xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)