Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted And School Clubs

Hi

Just wondered if someone could clarify...

School clubs when OFSTED visit are they only concerned with Early Years, EYFS etc?

What does OFSTED look for in school club?

Its just all the reports I have seen seem to just include early years?

Any info appreciated! (looking at joining committee tonight and club is due OFSTED at any mo!)

Thanks

x

Also what is the voluntary/compulsary childcare register that OFSTED reports talks about?

Are school clubs inspected on this also?

Are they inspected by anyone else? eg LEA

Edited by marley

our inspection was mainly about the children within the EYFS and staff training as regards this . sen and safegaurding. we are lucky that we run a pre school too and include the rec and school nursery children within our pre school planning cont prov etc Also working in partnership with other settings was hot too we fell down on this because we had no written evidence.

we do not do seperate LJ for these children however we do liase verbally with school this seemed to be ok however other groups in our area have been asked for LJ but they seem to have been settings that are just clubs with no early years attatched.

look on the Ofsted site for guidence on which register you need to be on if you have no rec children you may be able to join the voluntary reg only

good luck

Guest jenpercy

The Inspectors are actually told that they can only consider older children if they have any impact on the experience of the EYFS. Not registered for EYFS - your inspection report will be one scentence. the conditions of the Register were met (or not Met - with actions) DISGRACEFUL. I said to my Inspector - why should I give parents of older childre a copy - parents of an 11 year old wno't be interested in how well we meet requirements of the EYFS. Hell, our EYFS parents think it is disgraceful that we have to do all this for after-schoool when children have already had enough and just want to chill.

If you have EYFS children- you will have to go on the compulsory Register - this covers children from end of EYFS to 8 The voluntary register covers children from 8 upwards. we are on all 3 - but I'm not sure why as OFSTED don't actually give feedback for anything other than EYFS.

The Inspectors are actually told that they can only consider older children if they have any impact on the experience of the EYFS. Not registered for EYFS - your inspection report will be one scentence. the conditions of the Register were met (or not Met - with actions) DISGRACEFUL. I said to my Inspector - why should I give parents of older childre a copy - parents of an 11 year old wno't be interested in how well we meet requirements of the EYFS. Hell, our EYFS parents think it is disgraceful that we have to do all this for after-schoool when children have already had enough and just want to chill.

If you have EYFS children- you will have to go on the compulsory Register - this covers children from end of EYFS to 8 The voluntary register covers children from 8 upwards. we are on all 3 - but I'm not sure why as OFSTED don't actually give feedback for anything other than EYFS.

Thanks for the info. Have now joined the committee as general member so im sure ill be back on here asking more questions!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)