Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thermometers

mrsbat

or do you not use them?

I've recently overhauled our illness policies and have set up a form for monitoring illness when a child becomes ill at pre-school, one thing that I have added is a temperature monitoring section, BUT we don't have a thermometer :(xD

So, what sort do you use - if you use one, and also is there anything to say that we shouldn't use one?

I've just found out that a child starting with us has had febrile convulsions in the past brought on by high temperature which gets higher very quickly.

I have seen this one which I think seems super value but would it be ok to use do you think? being as you have to put it in the ear...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Digital-Ear-Thermome...=item3a59683337

Many thanks in advance :o

Have you tried doing a forum search on this as I know we had a discussion on this. I was told on a recent first aid course to only use the fever strip head scans. There was an issue surrounding putting them in the ear! I am sure there will be plenty of others along soon who hve been told different.

Tink69

Hi W e use the forehead strip as a guidance only. I'm just in the middle of renewing my 1st aid, and our trainer advises taking a child's temeperature when they are well, as although the "normal" temp is 37 this can vary with different people and a temp is deemed to be "high" if it is only 2 degs above "normal". He doesnt say dont have thermometers but there's no point taking a temp if you dont know what the normal well temp is.

I'll still use them as they are a good guide, but only that. We do record the child's normal temp on registration

Hi W e use the forehead strip as a guidance only. I'm just in the middle of renewing my 1st aid, and our trainer advises taking a child's temeperature when they are well, as although the "normal" temp is 37 this can vary with different people and a temp is deemed to be "high" if it is only 2 degs above "normal". He doesnt say dont have thermometers but there's no point taking a temp if you dont know what the normal well temp is.

I'll still use them as they are a good guide, but only that. We do record the child's normal temp on registration

Thanks all

Janny I hadn't even thought about the fact that we'd need to know the child's "normal" temp :( ridiculous of me really :o Thank you :)

I'll stick with the strip one's then, Thanks for the help xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)