Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eal

Hey sorry if I have posted this is the wrong place!

can anyone please tell me in simple words what the EYFS says about EAL/bilingual speaking children

I have this quote 'the EYFS supports the idea that strong foundations in a home language support the development of english', and now i can not find where i got it from.

Appreciate any help

Hey sorry if I have posted this is the wrong place!

can anyone please tell me in simple words what the EYFS says about EAL/bilingual speaking children

I have this quote 'the EYFS supports the idea that strong foundations in a home language support the development of english', and now i can not find where i got it from.

Appreciate any help

http://downloads.nationalstrategies.co.uk/...faf9e17f08c.pdf

Hi, There is another reference, I know this because it was used specifically in an oftsed report for a group I was supporting. Havent got EYFS in front of me right now, but will check later.

Its to do with practitioners celebrating childs home language within the setting.

As others have dsaid though 'Supporting Children learning English as an Additional Language' is a great document

Jo

www.inclusion-inc.co.uk

Hi, There is another reference, I know this because it was used specifically in an oftsed report for a group I was supporting. Havent got EYFS in front of me right now, but will check later.

Its to do with practitioners celebrating childs home language within the setting.

As others have dsaid though 'Supporting Children learning English as an Additional Language' is a great document

Jo

www.inclusion-inc.co.uk

thanks i have got that leaflet,its been very useful

am v interested in practitioners celebrating childs home language within the setting and including others

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)