Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hubby Not Very Supportive Please Help!

katehart

Hi, I can totally understand where you are coming from. i am just about to complete my foundation degree after 4 years and without any support or encouragement from my husband. he has moaned and complained all the way through. I was at points of giving up so many times, especially when everyone else seems to have husbands who are so supportive and helpful, i was beginning to think i was alone!! Anyway I kept going and fingers crossed i have just the ECA for last course to complete and it is over and i feel extremely proud of doing it all myself and to think i almost gave it up. So go for it and dont let anyone stop you, you may regret it, when in a few years time you think, I would have a foundation degree if i had started it in 2010, the times going to pass anyway, good luck and if you ever want a moan with someone who knows exactly what you are going through then just shout

Tracey

Sorry too hear about your story and glad to hear you kept going and did what was right for you. I can fully understand what you said and if I don't do it now. I will regret it. You give me hope thank you!!!

I am very excited about doing this course and i know it will help my confidence. I have worked in early years for a long time and now I feel it is time for me to move on and to increase my early years knowledge and understanding further.

You will be graduating soon. Will you be inviting him along? I wonder how he will feel. How did you manage your time?????

Kate

Just wanted to add that even a not so supportive husband when I started FD way back in 2005 soon learns that life as he knew it changes and being a team includes ensuring your partner is leading a fullfiling life.

I'm starting Early Years MA in September thats another 3 years of study and extra work at home. It all fits in and everyone leads a happy life.

You will all adjust very soon to the routine, don't worry.

BMG

Just wanted to add that even a not so supportive husband when I started FD way back in 2005 soon learns that life as he knew it changes and being a team includes ensuring your partner is leading a fullfiling life.

I'm starting Early Years MA in September thats another 3 years of study and extra work at home. It all fits in and everyone leads a happy life.

You will all adjust very soon to the routine, don't worry.

BMG

Thank you!!!

Good luck with your MA. you obviously have the study bug!!!! Looks promising for me, as you must have really enjoyed doing the FD

Kate

Yes I seem to have got the full blown study bug.

FD then another two years to do my BA, I had a year out due to a bereavement then after that Early Years Professional Status which I got in Feb 2008 so I have had a couple of years break and will have to get the family knocked into shape again ready for the next few years.

By the time I get to my last year my daughter should be starting uni and my son in final year of A levels. So you stick with it!

BMG

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)