Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Info Sharing Between Settings

Not sure if I have put this in the right place!!! Just wondering how do you share info between settings for example if a child attends nursery linked to children centre for 15 hours a week but also spends time at a childminders. Any ideas/thoughts would be very welcome, thanks,Unsworth

As you can imagine Unsworth there has been a number of threads about this very thing, so do make a proper forum search using the facility at the top of the page.

I ask the parents to sign an authority for me to talk to other provider, I then write to that provider and explain that we use a small notebook system whereby key person contributes thoughts and ideas about our shared charge and the possible lines of development we may have in place, but most definitely we tell them about the interests the child has while they spend time with us.

If we think we are the "lead" provider, i.e. we have the child for longer periods than the other setting this works very well, if on the otherhand the other provider has them far longer, we offer to contribute to their system rather than expecting both systems to be in use.

Guest jenpercy

I think OFSTED will expect you to keep your own records on all children as you have to show that you are planning appropriately for all of them

yes they do expect you to have your own system we got into trouble for not contacting another setting resulting in satisfactory. we have since contacted them but we are still awaiting a reply (from Nov) we have included this in our documents.

sue

We have dual setting communication books between settings, parents hand the book to each setting etc. We also have communication book between just ourselves and the parents.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)