Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

London Theme Ideas

As one of the children in our group has shown an enormous interset in London, I am planning a theme around this after Easter. I have a some ideas that I have written down but would love to hear any from you good people. Its a shame we are just so far away, no chance of a day trip!!

Edited by zigzag

Hi

I got this fab playmat for my little girl at Christmas. Not sure if you have a budget, if not you could laminate and stick landmarks around an existing mat. Or you could put them round the outside area and visit them on bike/scooter buses. The children could make maps, take a picnic pack bags etc. for their trip to London

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GIANT-LONDON-PLAYM...m/dp/B000WXTTLQ

In the back of some diaries there are maps of the underground - could you copy and enlarge them and use them somehow?

What about the attractions:

Big Ben

Houses of parliament

London Eye

Madame Toussords (?)

Science museum

London Buses

Trafalgar Square

Buckingham Palace - Who lives there?

Etc, etc. etc

Can you place them on a map and/or even draw some of them.

Don't know how old the children are you are talking about so not sure what they can do :o

Guest Spiral

Wow!

Could you do London as you go through the Thames or London by tube stations.

Actually a better thought, maybe London by the museums (science, history, art galleries etc)..

Spiral

Do you have an old Monopoly board?

Stick photos of known landmarks over the squares and use it for counting on/ back.

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)