Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pe

'TOPS' produce a 'kit' which has lots bits and pieces for lesson set ups.

Could this be extended to outdoor equipment - bikes and climbing equipment!

Lucky you! What do you have already?

Indoors we use big climbing frames with ladders, fireman poles, ropes, netting etc as well as benches and graded height boxes. (All standard school PE equipment).

Outside we have a 2 fab trim trails - one for the main school with posts to jump or step along (infant) and one in the Reception area with narrow walkway and a wobbly bridge. (I would like to get one of those low level wobbly boards as well). We are now raising funds for an outdoor climbing frame.

The Coombes School website is very interesting for ideas for developing the outside area. :o

yeah the TOPS bag is full of cool things to play with.

Not sure if these things were in it or not, but we had these kind of material casing that you can out a balloon inside and then blow it up... you end up with a really light ball that falls so much slower than a regular ball.

I run an after school ball club for FS and KS1 and these things have had a lot of mileage there.

Rubber spots, theres so much you can do with rubber spots!

oops... sorry I'm tired... just read again that you said 'large' apparatus!

In our outdoor area we have two huge tractor tyres which we blagged from a local farmer, the children love those.

I put up a tree swing last term too which has gone down really well.

These are more olutdoor provision than P.E. I know, but they still aid Phys Dev.

Stilts, wobble boards and SAQ ladders are all great fun too and brilliant for developing agility and coordination!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)