Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Risk Assessment

dottyp

Just attended a Block Training workshop and need to draw up a risk assessment to cover large wooden blocks/bricks. Does anyone have a risk assessment they would be willing to share or give me a few starter points ????

Thank you

Dottyp :o

Our large blocks are plastic so probably lighter but we try to avoid buiding towers higher than the builders nose so they can see over them. No pushing towers over in case someone is on the other side.

Our large blocks are plastic so probably lighter but we try to avoid buiding towers higher than the builders nose so they can see over them. No pushing towers over in case someone is on the other side.

I also discourage them from waving the blocks around over their heads since they are so heavy and difficult to control. We have had remarkably few accidents with our hollow blocks, I must say!

Maz

PS Have you looked at the Community Playthings website? They do a DVD/CD Rom about getting the most out of block play - although I don't know what their view about risk assessment is!

i wouldn't waste paper to risk assess Wooden Blocks children need to be able to take risk!! We can't risk assess EVERYTHING or we would not get any children time

Sorry my view

Ofsted did not even mention it during our inspection in Feb 2010 and we had out some HUGE wooden blocks, they gave us an outstanding and during feedback mentioned that she could see staff were aware or areas but allowed children to safely take risks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)