Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Who Are You Insured With?

We've been in a mobile classroom, owned by the preschool, on a school site for over ten years, and have now moved into a new brick purpose-built building. We've been insured with Morton Michel all the time in the mobile classroom and tried to get a quote from PLA insurers to see if they'd be cheaper than Morton Michel in the new building, but never heard back from them, so have stayed with Morton Michel.

So, we're now covered for the year in the new building (and on the old builidng till it goes at the beginning of April), but wondered what other choices are out there?

we are PLA

Thanks, simcity. We found it very hard to get anything from PLA this year, manager had phoned and asked for stuff to be posted to her home, then when that didn't turn up we'd phoned and asked for it to be emailed to my home email but that never came either, the stuff I downloaded from their site didn't mention the building at all and then we couldn't get hold of them on the phone to discuss it...

(In previous years, PLA have said they couldn't cover us as we were in the mobile classroom.)

I am just looking at my insurance too.....I usually insure with PSLA, but decided I wasn't gaining anything from their membership, so I asked Morton Michel for a quote, which was actually more expensive than PSLA. I am waiting for a quote from a company called Sweet william, see what their comes out at, otherwise i'm back to psla

I am just looking at my insurance too.....I usually insure with PSLA, but decided I wasn't gaining anything from their membership, so I asked Morton Michel for a quote, which was actually more expensive than PSLA. I am waiting for a quote from a company called Sweet william, see what their comes out at, otherwise i'm back to psla

I've been thinking the same thing Inge, the PLA membership is £96 but I dont see anything for it.

I've just read through the insurance booklet but it doesnt mention insurance for buildings Lyanne

we are currently with morton michel too -we have our own building and the premium is quite expensive. i just 'googled' pre school / playgroup insurance and passed the list i had compiled onto the commitee for them to get quotes etc.

if i remember later i may still have the list somewhere....although i cant vouch for any of the companies as we have only ever used MM

I've been thinking the same thing Inge, the PLA membership is £96 but I dont see anything for it.

I've just read through the insurance booklet but it doesnt mention insurance for buildings Lyanne

That's the frustrating bit about them not getting back to us - after all, we are already paying our membership so we feel a bit as though we are paying them not to help us...

Of course we do know they do other stuff!

If you contact Tennyson they'll do a complete health check of your current cover and advise if you are under or over insured.

Our setting delivers more than childcare so our premiums were very high but I swapped to them last year and saved £5k.

It'll be interesting to see what they quote me next month.

RR

Hi Lyanne,

We have PLA insurance and i will be looking around for other quotes when it expires in september. I now need to look at buildings insurance costs as well, as we will be owning a new building in the summer hopefully.

anyone who does insure their building - what are the costs roughly?

thanks,

A

We changed to William Taylor (agents) last year much cheaper and better cover than Morton Michel who we had insured with up to then and less than PLA too, (the policy is wilth Ecclesiastical) covers all sort of things like professional indemnity as standard.

Well worth a look on the following - www.williamtaylor.org.uk - they have their own nursery too.

This year the renewal price is 33p more than last year!! which was incidentally £200.00 less than Morton Michel.

Good luck, hope you save lots of monwy and get the cover you need.

BMG