Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Circle Time - Easter Story

hi

have to start planning for circle time, wondering if anyone can help me (desperate) for learning outcomes for the easter story. have to plan for EYFS. :o

thanks

alison

Hello, If you are teaching Reception, then

• Has a developing respect for own culture and beliefs and those of other people ED6

• Understands that people have different needs, views, cultures and beliefs, that need to be treated with respect SD7

• Understands that they can expect others to treat her or his needs, views, cultures and beliefs with respect SD8

• Begins to know about own culture and beliefs and those of other people KUW 6

If you are teaching younger children, then you can find relevant development matters in these sections.

We always teach from the point of you of 'This is what Christians believe'. The 'Child's eye view' DVDs are very good and also the easter story on Espresso - we look at it on the IWB.

Have fun!

I would make the learning objective simple and directly related to your activity. I always think to myself, if I turned this objective on its head would I be able to say that they had worked towards or achieved this. So for this activity in terms of religion and culture for nursery children I would say: To experience a story which is central to Christian beliefs. To begin to understand why Easter is a special celebration.

sorry to sound thick but wot is ED6, SD7,SD8

They're all part of the area of learning - Personal Social Emotional Development

ED6 - Emotional Development 6 - has a developing respect for own culture and beliefs and those of other people

SD7 - Social Development 7 - understands that people have different needs, views, cultures and beliefs that need to be treated with respect

SD8 - Understands that they can expects others to treat her or his needs, views, cultures and beliefs with respect

Don't feel you sound 'thick' we're a very friendly lot here!

Harricroft xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)