Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mothers Day

Hi everyone, as an NQT in reception i was wondering if any of you would mind sharing your ideas for mothers day cards!! Any suggestions appreciated-pleassse. :D

Last year I cut out teapot shapes which the children decorated as they liked and then put in a teabag and rhyme. (Not my idea but the mum's liked it :D ) Can't remember the rhyme offhand but know where I can lay my hands on it. :o

I think the mums are happy with absolutely any card, so long as it is their child's own work. Why not ask the children what they would like to put on their card? :o:D

We are making paper plate pictures to hang on the wall (an idea I pinched from my sons' school many years ago) - punch holes round the outside of a paperplate and give the children gift ribbon to "sew" round the edge (you get some interesting reults!). The children print or draw a picture in the centre and stick a loop of ribbon on the back to hang it with.

I want the kids to make mothers day cards but have also seen really nice vouchers the chdn can make with adult support - a focussed ICT/PSE activity. I think it was at 'DLTK' activities website - it was really good as the chdn could make their very own voucher ie choose the symbol and what their voucher was for eg This voucher is for me to hoover my room, give you a day of hugs, make you a sandwich etc - it can be typed in their own words and then printed out as a proper voucher. I thought it would be quite nice laminated with a magnetic strip on the back so mum's could keep it on their fridge and call in the favour anytime!! cant wait for my 1 year old to start making them!!

Will try to find actual website name - in mean time try google and put in DLTK activities. :)

Jacqui

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)