Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Premises

Thought I would share our new building up date with everyone. Today we had a meeting with the CC that we will be linked to and it was so encouraging to meet our partners and explore the possibilities for working together, which was fantastic and gave us all a lift.

We then visited our building, which has now been painted, floor coverings have been ordered. We were really taken by the outside area, which is huge, there is a spongy tarmac surface with overhead canopy and the rest of the area is turfed, the site manager also asked us if we would like a huge tractor tyre sited in the area, as they had one going spare, which will make a brilliant digging pit (just need to get a cover).

Next week we are finalising our funding grant with the early years advisor, so fingers crossed we get the funding, have had a quote from community playthings for the fitting out of the interior. We are leaving the outside area as a blank canvas as the children will be planning that area with us. My deputy will commence Forest School training soon, so some ideas will come from that.

Our opening date is Tuesday the 8th June 2010, and everyone, children, parents and staff are soooo excited. Still heaps to do, such as partnership meetings with Reception and children's centre, oh yes and we are going to be having a qualified teacher, funded by CC for some staff training, and the teacher will attended our planning and give input etc...exciting times!

Claire x

It sounds wonderful Cupcake with a new start, everyone working together, new surroundings and equipment, and lots of fun planning with your children for outdoors. So exciting and a chance to create everything the way you wish it to be. I love Community Playthings furniture and equipment. Our local CC has fitted itself out with these and they are stunning, but very expensive. Keep us posted on your progress. :o

Ooooh, how exciting!!!! How lovely to be involved from the start and able to have a say in how it's equipped :o

I have a JCB tyre in my garden which we use as a sand pit - it's great, it's just the right height for the 2-3 year olds to sit on and still be able to dig in the middle and we have rolled pebbles and marbles down the treads on the outside!

Nona

It sounds wonderful Cupcake with a new start, everyone working together, new surroundings and equipment, and lots of fun planning with your children for outdoors. So exciting and a chance to create everything the way you wish it to be. I love Community Playthings furniture and equipment. Our local CC has fitted itself out with these and they are stunning, but very expensive. Keep us posted on your progress. xD

Yes, community playthings are quite expensive, I did find they were the best at maximising the space we had to play with, so even though we have been quoted for alot of equipment, it wont look cluttered, does that make sense? The whole quote was 17,000 :o but we might not get funding for all of that, our EY advisor did suggest asking for around 20,000, she is coming out to see us next week with suggestions about what else to put on the funding application, like she said they can only say no, hopefully they will say yes LOL

Claire x

Ooooh, how exciting!!!! How lovely to be involved from the start and able to have a say in how it's equipped :o

I have a JCB tyre in my garden which we use as a sand pit - it's great, it's just the right height for the 2-3 year olds to sit on and still be able to dig in the middle and we have rolled pebbles and marbles down the treads on the outside!

Nona

It has been nice for all the staff and children to have a say in how the setting will look, the children have put together a lovely junk model of what they would like the setting to look like (resembles a wonky house) however they have been making things for the garden on there model, and I am totally blown away by it, they have built a little bridge, pond, clay veggie patch etc, we are photographing all of these as they go along (the model is huge and is currently put out every day for them to add to it, they have also taken all the dolls house furniture and people and included that in there play, its quite interesting listening to them roleplaying us xD We actually get the keys at the end of April, so are planning lots of visits to the empty space, again to get the children's input, they have been very instrumental in all of the ideas for equipement etc, such as choosing new homecorning furniture etc, its also lessening the stress for them moving, as they love the hall, one child asked what we would be taking with us, we explained our resources etc, she then asked 'will we be taking no running in the hall, to the new place' Umm yes that will becoming as well :( its surprising the things they think about.

It is very exciting, I was involved in the setting up of a nursery in a phase 1 CC a few years back we too had all community playthings, It is lovely stuff, I got to choose items for the baby room where I was the senior at the time, nothing better than spending money on lovely new equipment :o enjoy xD

Tink69

Cupcake, we moved into our new building today (I mean Saturday, I'm still up!) ready for Monday and there are a few things we've found the architects & builders hadn't addressed/thought of and we hadn't realised would be an issue till we got there - they were planning to put vertical blinds on floor length windows till our chair pointed out this could be hazardous with young children... They haven't left room for a bin in the kitchen, and there's nothing on the doors to prevent jamming fingers in them, so we've had to go out and get those foam things to put over them - but not sure how that's going to work with the accesible/adults toilet...

Other than that, it's so great and we can't wait till Monday when the children see it properly set up!

How exciting for you both.

Lyanne, I hope all those niggly little problems that seem to surface when the builders have finished and gone are all sorted out soon.

Cupcake, your new premises sound wonderful. I hope everything goes well for you as you furnish it and get the outside sorted. Keep us posted won't you and perhaps take a few photos to show us of opening day..........you too Lyanne.

Good luck to you both! :o

It sounds so exciting! Fantastic that the children are coming up with so many wonderful ideas as well, they sound so enthused that it will definitely not be as hard for them when the tinme comes to move.