Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Badly Behaved Parents/children On Tv

Rea

Has anyone watched it? I cant think of the proper title for the programme, but if you saw it you'll know what I mean.

What exactly does Angus (single parent)do thats 'naughty?'

I cant see anything that mom can get so het up about, am I soft?

And the things the other mom says to her son...WOW :o

What discusting bevaviour! i mean the parents not the children! Is it any wonder their little boy is as bad as he is (Can't remember his name) and they cannot understand why he swears!! beats me. How not to behave in front of your children.

I thought one of the most revealing comments was "we never praised him for doing good things because we didn't know you had to". These parents clearly need help: it is all too easy to rush to judgement and condemn and very difficult to understand how parents who profess to love their children can insult them and swear at them and show them such contempt.

The Antipodean child psychologist got it right when he said that parenting is the most difficult job in the world. Often we are ill-equipped for the job, and we receive little or no training. Hopefully these parents will benefit from the parenting course, and we will see their skills and confidence improve. Otherwise I dread to think of the outcomes for these children.

Maz

Did you watch' Nanny 911' last Wednesday, where the mum is ex nanny but she let 3 and 4 year old to smack her and hit her with all sort of things, till she don't start crying?