Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ppa Cover

Hi just wondered what the rule is on HLTA'S covering PPA in the Nursery and Reception class at school? My head is full of cold so can't quite get my head around what I have read in the Guidance. Does non contact time mean PPA?

Thanks

Thanks for your prompt reply!

They do cover at the moment and are great- was just checking that was ok.

Thank you :o

Yes PPA is non-contact time, and this can be covered by a Level 3 in Nursery with an extra TA, depending on numbers, and also in Reception without a TA, if that is what your school wishes. An HLTA is a luxury for some primary schools.

Yes PPA is non-contact time, and this can be covered by a Level 3 in Nursery with an extra TA, depending on numbers, and also in Reception without a TA, if that is what your school wishes. An HLTA is a luxury for some primary schools.

Just wanted to clarify your note about Nursery being covered by a level 3 with an extra TA. I am covered by a level 3 cover supervisor, who then works with my Nursery nurse, but no extra TA. Is the extra TA just 'best practice' or is it written somewhere as being a requirement?

Thanks

I would think in that case your nursery nurse is in effect being the TA unless there was over 26 3+ children in which case I believe they would need an extra adult to keep in the 1-13 ratio

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)