Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dpp Unit 2 Cache Ass

Hi Guys

I need some advise :o - I am at the final stage of the unit 2 CACHE ass and my tutor has told me to put the target childs profile in the appendix and if it is too long to put in the relevant parts .

I am really unsure of this as I am not sure if the way we do profiles in our setting is great and will this have an impact on my grade as compiling a profile is not the questîon but rather show evidence of progress from a profile ! Do i need to give the profile a " make over " for the assignment ? Also it is full of photos and drawings the first not being allowed to be included. help .

Thanks so much

C xD

I probably shouldnt suggest this but do you have to put in the actual profile or can you make one up? I know my child study was fabricated in many parts so I could suit it to the criteria. The time allowed for the child study isnt always enough for you to see everything you might need, especially if children are off sick or a session just doesnt go to plan. Cheating a bit, but its only for assessment purposes isnt it? Your tutor wants to know you could produce a learning profile linked from your observations and how you would use it to inform planning. She's assessing you not your setting. Can you photo copy it blanking out the photos? Make sure your next steps for the child stem from observations, photos and pictures can have many different interpretations to someone who wasnt in the room when they were done!

Edited by Rea

Hi Rea

Thanks for your post. I am thinking of "tidying up" the profile!! You are right it is me that is being assessed not my setting and i am trying hard to implement changes I have learnt about on my course but sometimes it is not easy !! Especially as we are not assessed being a private international school!!

Anyway - time is the big factor as always .

Thanks for your thoughts Rea.

Is there anyone who has recently done the dpp who can tell me of their experience with the profile section of the unit assessment.How much of it did you include , pictures obv not photos lengthy obs and or short snipet postit type obs ?

Thanks everyone

cx

I finished unit 2 of the Dpp last July and we didn't have to submit the child's profile at all, anywhere. I know E3 is about identifying evidence from one child's profile but we just had to identify progress and evidence it using developmental norms.

Karrie

I used the child profile from unit 1 which went in the appendix, used SPIEL headings in E3 again and just gave a brief 'update'. I did 'embellish' some bits and I know lots of others that have. Sometimes you just have to make it fit :o . Are you sure your tutor meant the profile as in learning journey you keep at work or the profile you have written from unit 1? I couldn't imagine putting in my target childs learning journey it is massive!

HI Vicky

What do you mean by profile- the profiel I had for my first target child - who i cant use because they are now in Year1 - was very brief - mum and dads name - mr and mrs x ! Sibling info . origins .interests. WHat do you have in yours .I know the learngin journals are massive and last tiem i got a reffereal for mentioning a childs name - it woudl take an age blanking out all names in jis learning journal !! ALso no photos are allowed !!

it is the inconsistancy that is frustrating !

County

Hi County I mean the profile that you prepared for core unit 1 - understanding and developing the development of pre- school children ( assuming you have done unit 1) I will have a go at e-mailing you mine so you can see what I did :o

we were told we needed to include evidance of all the things we have said they can do in E3 but we do not nessasarily have to use their whole profile just the observations that link into supporting E3, also if your profile is bad it shouldn't really make a diffrence as long as it backs up E3. HTHs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)