Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition Into School From Nursery

Hi,

Does anyone have any info on how to write a transition policy and what to include in it? We were told by ofsted that it was a requirement. We are a separate setting and most of our children go to the local primary school.

Where would I get some advice and support on this, or would someone kindly let me see there format?

Thanks so much. I seem to be spending all my time with paperwork!!

:o

Crikey that's a new one on me! Never had a transition policy before. We always used to do a record of transfer to any new setting, which was a report based on the six areas of learning and where on the journey to the goals the children were, we also have a very active Early Years team in Kent who produce a booklet for parents and have an event in the town with freebies and goodies for the children for parents to come along and each school has a stall offering info on their school, uniform etc. Teachers visit the children in our setting who will be joining their school in September and January, but I suppose that's about as far as it goes. For SEN children we have transition meetings with everyone who will be involved.

Don't suppose it would be that difficult to weave it into yet another policy!

Guest colechin

Sorry, but I am unable to help with this posting but, I am very interested. Just before Christmas Ofsted visited me and looked through my policies. I do not have a transition policy and Ofsted did not pick me up on it.

Just thought I would let you know.

Ofsted did not mention it to me either. The inspector didn't even ask about the transition to school. Be interesting to find out though!

thanks so much for that. The other comments were very interesting also.

I will just go over the comments and check. It may have been said that it was good practice and not a requirement. Sorry ,but will check this. My heads in a muddle at the moment! :o

Sunshine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)