Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outside Water

I'm trying to build up a bank of ideas for outside water - I'm trying to make sure I'm doing things that they wouldn't be able to do inside, but I'm running out of inspiration. We have had lots of free play with children investigating water and transporting water on a big scale. Using pitpes and guttering to move water from one container to another, using different heights etc. Also putting things into pipes and guttering for the children to move.

I really need some inspiration as to any fun activities or resources that would enliven this area. I'm waiting for our school caretaker to fix some guttering onto the wall to make a bit of a water run!

lots of looks and not one reply

decorators paintbrushes and pots... lots of sizes

paint rollers and trays...

spray bottles... a bit of supervision here and teaching not to spray each other!

as an activity we used umbrellas and watering cans.. they loved standing under the umbrella while being poured on by another child.. we had a climbing frame outside so they could do this but an adult could do the pouring and they get as much from that -

now there must be others.. have you tried a forum search ?

Inge

Our children can access our water butt complete with easy-to-use tap and enjoy filling different sized containers with water. They go on to make mud pies, water plants and some just like to empty the water onto the ground just to splash in.

Our children can access our water butt complete with easy-to-use tap and enjoy filling different sized containers with water. They go on to make mud pies, water plants and some just like to empty the water onto the ground just to splash in.

Have you had any concerns regarding health and safety of using water from a water butt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)