Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Area

Hi all

Wanting to develop our outdoor area. It's a reasonable size but with 2 Reception classes and 1 nursery to use! Wondering if there is a possiblility of a grant out there and if so where???? Any pointers much appreciated.

:o

I've heard that some people are getting Awards for All (lottery). I think I'm going to look into this with my school, but its having a big redevelopment project and im not sure they will be up for it. (even tho reception classroom doesn't get to see the benefit of any of the current redevelopment).

I have been awarded funds from the capital grant 3 times. Yes there is loads of paperwork, getting quotes, liasing with builders but it has been well worth it. Once you have done it once it becomes a lot easier next time round. I am already planning my next bid for April. You just have to make sure that you follow the criteria.

Not sure if it's the same for schools and pre-schools - our Capital Grant Information comes from Early years and Childcare Operations Unit in Kent, but originally it was my Early Years Advisory Teacher who told us about it, (she is now called a Setting Improvement Partner), and the unit sent someone out to our setting to talk to us about what we wanted to do, I then applied for the grant, I had to talk to the landlords and get their permission, then get a statement backing the improvements I wanted the money for from my Area SenCo and EYAT and sent it off, however, back came an A4 folder with a ton of other paperwork requirements, including business plans etc. and that's when I thought too much - I don't have the time to go through that many hoops, (albeit understandable hoops, afterall it is public money), so we will work around what we have and gradually change things ourselves rather than have the work done all at once.

Hi

I don't know which area you are in. I am in Surrey and we have just successsfully been awarded a grant of £25,000 to redevelop the concrete jungle outside by reception classroom. Ours was through Surestart with an extra pot of money for disability access. It is a lengthy process and there is some form filling in but we had a very help ful early Years advisor who came in from the authority to help and it is more than worth the effort. Building work starts at Easter. Very exciting!

Hi

I don't know which area you are in. I am in Surrey and we have just successsfully been awarded a grant of £25,000 to redevelop the concrete jungle outside by reception classroom. Ours was through Surestart with an extra pot of money for disability access. It is a lengthy process and there is some form filling in but we had a very help ful early Years advisor who came in from the authority to help and it is more than worth the effort. Building work starts at Easter. Very exciting!

Thanks mjla. I will give this a try too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)