Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Calling All Kids Clubs

Guest jenpercy

Guest jenpercy

Just wanted to know how many others from Kids Clubs log on, and if you would like a specific forum for discussing topics that apply to us?

I run a pre-school and before ,after and holiday clubs. I think with the need for different settings to work together that this could only be a good thing and I for one would use it.

sue

Just out of interest, have any of you with ASC provision been asked to consider how the "full and relevant" qualifications test (that applies to early years from sept 2012), will affect your out of schools provision? I presume that many playwork quals will not be deemed full and relevant. Does that mean that we will need to look at Early years trained staff only to work with our EYFS aged children ?

Also, have any of you been asked to do the CDWC qualifications Audit for your early years section of out of school care provision?

Would love to hear from anyone out there....

Guest jenpercy

It certainly isn't compulsory to have a graduate - there aren't many out there. NOR is it compulsory to have Early Years trained staff. All my staff except one is Playwork trained. 2012, which is now 2015, will see the need to have 50% of staff trained to Levl 3 instead of 2, as at the moment. difficult to see how this can be made to stick for settnigs with existing staff who are not able to get Level 3. Ofsted have stated that they won't mark settings down for not having the correct level of training unless they feel that it affects the children's experience.

I suspect that it will simply be more difficult to get suitable level 3 staff than it is now. Offering only 4 hours a day after school, and competing as we do with nurseries offering full hours, and with the majority of Level 3s early Years trained.

At the moment we sometimes have to say, if she's got a Level 3 and she's breathing, we'll take her. I have closed one setting in the last year because I could not find a Level3 to take it on. And in the past we have been told by OFSTED that we have to make an 20 year ols Level 3 straight from college, with very little experience of older children, the Manager of the setting instead of experienced capable existing member of staff who has not finished NVQ. New young staff member then decides she doesn't want her name on registration certificate without large pay rise to reflect the respomsibility etc etc.

it will only get worse

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)