Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dissertation Proposal

nickylear

HI Guys

Rather than just getting on with my dissertation I've had to do a 10 weeks module on practitioner research & two assignments including an in depth dissertation proposal.... just wondered did anyone else do this for the BA Ed?

If so what did you include?

Thanks Nicky

HI Guys

Rather than just getting on with my dissertation I've had to do a 10 weeks module on practitioner research & two assignments including an in depth dissertation proposal.... just wondered did anyone else do this for the BA Ed?

If so what did you include?

Thanks Nicky

Hi Nicky

Not sure how much help this'll be as I'm not doing the BA Ed - I am doing BA Early Childhood Studies.

I started my dissertation in January but had to do the same as you last September.

It sounds as what I had to do was almost identical to you - mine was a 10 week module too and there were 2 assignments.

For my project proposal, I had to describe my topic subject, the reasons why I chose it and what I was hoping to get out of it.

I also had to go into detail about my methodology and show a 'taste' of literature for my lit review.

To be honest, personally, I'm glad I had to do it - it really helped me get 'my head where it needed to be' as I had really been dreading knowing where to start and how to go about the dissertation.

Good luck - let me know if I can help further x

Edited by pickle

Hi Nicky

Not sure how much help this'll be as I'm not doing the BA Ed - I am doing BA Early Childhood Studies.

I started my dissertation in January but had to do the same as you last September.

It sounds as what I had to do was almost identical to you - mine was a 10 week module too and there were 2 assignments.

For my project proposal, I had to describe my topic subject, the reasons why I chose it and what I was hoping to get out of it.

I also had to go into detail about my methodology and show a 'taste' of literature for my lit review.

To be honest, personally, I'm glad I had to do it - it really helped me get 'my head where it needed to be' as I had really been dreading knowing where to start and how to go about the dissertation.

Good luck - let me know if I can help further x

I also had to select my particular approach and say why I was choosing that route - I settled on action research in the end!

Edited by pickle