Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Challenges!

Was reading through the thread and saw someone else's idea to share our challenge ideas.:

Play with the ice teddy. Make a list of other toys you think will freeze if we put in the freezer.

Write a shopping list, find your toys and buy them, using the right money.

Shopping list

Write your news.

News

Make up a story using the animals in the sand tray. Tell it to a friend.

Count all of the ‘full stops’ on a page of a non-fiction book.

Draw a diagram of a model. Make sure it has labels and you count all of the pieces you will need.

Draw your favourite present. Make a model of it.

Count all of the ‘full stops’ on a page of a non-fiction book.

Gosh thats brought back a memory. I had to count all the 'e' s on a page once in junior school. I didnt know why then, and I dont know why now. xD:o

Gosh thats brought back a memory. I had to count all the 'e' s on a page once in junior school. I didnt know why then, and I dont know why now. xD:o

I guess it's just a different way of getting children to count to a high number without using moveable objects.

Some challenges I've used:

Create a pattern using objects you find in the classroom.

Make a cave in the sand (we were reading 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt)

Sequence the pictures to show how we made the jelly (and write a sentence for each pictures - HA)

Create a winter scene using paint, collaging or construction (I provided a box of material and the children decided to use the white material to make snow and covered their models in cotton wool completely independently)

Choose two or three things to buy from the shop, write a shopping list and find the total amount of money you spent.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)