Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Which Scheme Are You Doing?

Hello everone

I've been footling around on the various Accreditation threads for a while, and was wondering how many of you are currently going through accreditation, and which schemes you are doing.

Having just had a fabulous (!) Ofsted inspection report, the next step is to do Accreditation. But which scheme to choose?

Would you mind taking the time to tell me about the schemes you chose, and how easy or difficult you found the scheme to work through!

I apologise in advance if this question has been posed elsewhere and I have missed it. Just blame it on my 42-year old addled brain and point me in the right direction!

Thanks

Maz

Hi Maz we did the PLA scheme it was quite straight forward and simple. Just gathering more paperwork and some extra policies needed...if you need any help or want to look at our Accredtation files let me know.. :D:D:D

Hi Maz

We have just started a scheme devised by Stockport Surestart. It looks reasonably ok with most of it being evidence we already have in place, such as policies, planning etc. There are a few things we are going to have to look at but nothing really major. Have you looked to see if your local authority/EYDCP has one in place?

Linda

Hali - glad to know the PLA scheme measures up! Would be ironic if we went down this route (my boss used to be a PDW for the PLA).

Thanks Linda, I will check with the Early Years team to see what they recommend. But I thought I would consult with the experts first - the 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt brigade'!

Maz

were doing the norfolk quality kitemark scheme (originated in sheffield) from the norfolk EYDCP

it states that "the intention is that the standards will be beyond and additional to those required for the national standards"

good scheme, but lots of work. 8 modules all together, weve done 5- 3 to go but you know how it is, something else always comes up that needs doing. it has been free as we were a pilot group, but we have to complete it by march this year. it then has to be reviewed in three years.

not sure what would happen if i left and someone new took over and chaged how things were done, suppose it could happen and they changed the routines and i dont know where the group would stand then.

but looks like we will all have to do them soon, so best to find one that fits your group well and get started. you'll get plenty of help from all of us here at the forum.

good luck finding the right one for you.

Thanks Ruthie, for the sound advice.

Another thought has just occurred to me: I have heard of schemes which 'accredit' (is that a word?) the practitioner, and not the setting. Have any of you heard of such a thing?

I'm not sure: could just be an urban myth...

Maz

I'm not sure Hali - when it comes to Investors in People award, as the great Manuel would say "I know nuuuuuuuthing!"

Maz

Sorry, can't type in a Spanish accent!

Hi

Just passed through second round of Investors in People now enbarking on Quality Counts. Can anyone share their experiences of this please?! :D:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)