Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Action Kids -val Sabin

I've just recieved my copy of Action Kids 500 after lots of recommendations. It looks great, lots and lots of activities.

I was just wondering how exactly people are using it.

Our topic for next half term is Ourselves - there is a great section in the book suggesting which activites are appropriate - the thing is there are activities for all areas - gym, games, dance etc. to provide a balance - I was going to concentrate on Dance for the next half term.

How do you use it? Do you provide a balance or concentrate on each area per half term? How many activities do you plan for, for each session?

I'm sure it will get easier when we have used it for a while, but I'm not really sure at the moment what to plan for?

Just browsed the website again - 'Action Kids 600' looks really good - for 3 to 5 yrs. There are 100 more activities which seem to be set out in lesson format eg warm up, main activity, extension activity and calm down.

Not sure how much it costs but does look easier to use! Wish I'd seen this one before!

we follow the val sabin stuff in our school. its not the action kids publication but another. very easy to follow it gives a units of work broken down into lesson plans that you can teach from. also has good progression through the units and years.

Hi Magenta

We tend to dip into it. This term our topic has been toys so we have used all the activities which could be linked to toys, like Thomas the tank engine and ball games etc. I really like it for this, it has so many ideas which can be incorporated into a topic.

I think this is the idea that you can pick and choose whatever suits you and that is the beauty of it. I'm sure you will really enjoy using it.

Linda

we looked at the Action kids 600 but it costs £90 +P&P of £5.00

For any interesed they also do a Action kids 121 for £30 for 2-3 year olds.

Have decided to use the strengths of the staff fro ythis one ( Shes a gymnastic coach)

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)