Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Records.

Hiya guys, just a quickie!

One of my mindees id due to terminate contracts and the EYFS states that i have to keep child records for 3 years.

what records in particular do i need to keep.

I am presuming contacts, accidents...what else (sorry but this is my first child to leave my care)

what do i do with observations - do i keep these or can these go to parents?

cheers me dears xxx :o

Oh thjats great thanks x doesn't say anything about observations tho so I am presuming I can give these to dad!?! What does evberyone else do? Thanks x

Hi Tink69, i thought i could do that but this will be y first mindee to fly the nest and didnt want to get it wrong after working so hard on obs.

thanks xx

Guest jane707

You give the observations file / learning journey or whatever you call it to the parents.

You have to keep the contract, accident and incident forms, attendance records, permission forms etc for 3 years for Ofsted.

However, you have to keep them 21 years and 6 months to comply with insurance requirements.

Hth :)

Hi Just a thought - but make sure you have sufficient evidence should Ofsted turn up to inspect. What childminders are finding is that they hand over all their learning journeys and then they have no evidence of how they have undertaken Learning journeys etc., I take copies of mine so that I have evidence of on going assessment, observation and planning next steps for the children in the setting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)