Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Do You Think About This Then?

purplewednesday1

Hi everyone,

One I worked in a nursery I used to collect the childrem from school and bring them to our afterschool club, to do this i had to get business use added to my policy which I think cost around £20. I always took a member of staff with me even if I was only collecting 1 child. Very impractical finacially, but not worth the risk of not taking them. Also if you are doing jobs for work such as banking/food shopping you should also have business use on your insurance. Also I have NEVER taken a child in my car without prior consent of the parents and I can't think of a situation where I would. Ooo except once when I was working as a nanny and was with another nanny, the child had an accident and needed to go to hspital so I drove so she could sit in the back as he was bleeding and needed pressure on his cut. Other than this one occasion I would never take a child in my car without parental consent

Rapunzel

Ok ignore all of that I just remembered we rang his Mum to check she didn't mind me driving instead of his nanny

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

purplewednesday1, did you find out after half-term what they were thinking of?

At younger son's school, parents sign to give blanket permission for walks round the village etc. If they are driving anywhere, its a seperate form (and usually money too) but they do sometimes ask for parent helpers to come and drive. 2 years ago, I raised with the headteacher whether these parnets were CRB checked and at the time his answer was 'No, but it will be on my (Headteacher) head if anything happens' ( :o ) Since then, this has been reviewed and parent helpers in that situation do need to be CRB checked... (Of course, this is a red herring here because the nursery nurse would be CRB checked anyway.) Interesting enough, the only parnet helper my son has been in the car with was when my husband did it, other than that, he's been in the TA's car!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)