Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dip In Pre-school Practice. Unit 2 . Short Term Plans

Hi Guys

I have just joined the forum :o and am looking for some advice. I am in the middle of doing my DPP. I have completed unit 1 and unit 3 xD ( just sent to exteranl examiners!!) and have finished the NEC lead in ass 1 . Now it is lead in ass 2 that is causing me such heartache.

I work in a small interantional school in Switzerland in the foundation 2 class with children turning 5 during the accademic year. My teacher is great and very supportive but we are very busy. Our planning is not what I would call text book !! I am in desperate need of finding a suitable layout for the assignment. Bearing in mind when this becomes part of the CACHE 2 ass there is also word count to think about - but I also know that direct qoutes of the DM's for eg won't count -

I have to produce between 2 and 4 weeks of short term plans. Does any one have a plan format that sattisfies CACHE or know where I can find one.

I really feel the course material is really light in this section and as it has not yet been updated - ie still refers to Birth to 3 and the foundation stage rather than EYFS which I find confusing !!

Any way - is there anyone who would like to hook up as a study partner or anyone who has recently done this unit that can help I would be sooo grateful.

Hello county and welcome to the forum. Working in Switzerland must be quite exciting. What a beautiful place to be. I'm sure members will soon come along who will be able to answer your query. Hopefully they'll be up soon, we're an hour behind you here remember :o

Hello and welcome,

I have just completed this unit (and got an A!!!! still cant believe that!!) so you can happily have a look at what I did. The planing format was recommended by my tutor and comes from staffordshire early years and you can see the whole document here

http://education.staffordshire.gov.uk/NR/r...FSinschools.pdf

and also has a blank form on pg 6 of the document.

Don't get me started on the lack of EYFS in the NEC pack I have previously ranted on about this on the forum.

If you need any help just shout and I might well be asking you for help with unit 3, which I will be starting very soon. I have to have it in for June moderation so I better get my skates on. :o

unit_2_planning.doc

Congratulations on your A - well done!

Thank you for your comments I have 2 members of staff doing this through the NEC and the planning layout the tutor suggested was um well not very helpful. This means they can use our existing planning format which is similar.

Thank you!

Hello and welcome,

I have just completed this unit (and got an A!!!! still cant believe that!!) so you can happily have a look at what I did. The planing format was recommended by my tutor and comes from staffordshire early years and you can see the whole document here

http://education.staffordshire.gov.uk/NR/r...FSinschools.pdf

and also has a blank form on pg 6 of the document.

Don't get me started on the lack of EYFS in the NEC pack I have previously ranted on about this on the forum.

If you need any help just shout and I might well be asking you for help with unit 3, which I will be starting very soon. I have to have it in for June moderation so I better get my skates on. :o

Hi Vicky

Thanks so much for the Info xD . I have trawled through the internet to find the best fit and ended up making my own which actually looks quite similiar to this one from Staffordshire !! :o

What I think I have got confused about is the NEC question whic says "make everyday different ". I think they must just mean in the continual provision as my tutor seemed confused - i was trying to fit in adult led activites for every day for CLL and PSRN.!!

Anyway - will try again.

If you need any help with unit 3 let me know but unfortuanalty it is in for June moderation / marking too - So have no grade I just wanted to make sure I didnt miss the date - so got it done early !!! :( You can email me directly if you like.

Thanks again - speak soon

County

Hi Karrie

Thanks so much for your reply . Can't open the docs though ! IT not my strong point - will wait and see if hubbie can open it for me !!!

cheers

county :o

Hi Vicky

Just another thing . Did you put expected outcomes on your plans ? And when linking these to the EYFS goals did you quote developmental milestones?

County

Hi Vicky

If you want any help withUnit 3 you are welcome to email me and I will send you some bits and pieces .

Edited by Guest
To remove email address - please use private messaging on the forum

Hi County - sorry it has taken so long to reply - had a mad few days put finished work today so can put my feet up

:o

No I didn't put expected outcomes on my plans - this was dealt with later in the assignment. I just submitted 3 weeks using that format. I combined E5 and E6 here is an example of what I put

E5/E6/E9

Assault Course to promote physical development.

The youngest children could be helped to jump from hoop to hoop, walk along a log with assistance, and throw bean bags into large hoops. The middle ability children could walk on the log with less assistance, negotiate a path around obstacles on a scooter and throw bean bags into smaller hoops. The highest ability children could walk sideways along the log and jump off, hop around cones forwards, backwards and sideways and become engaged in throwing and catching bean bags with another child or adult.

This would help them achieve the following early learning goals of physical development of EYFS:-

- ‘travel around, under, over and through balancing and climbing equipment’

- ‘recognise the changes that happen to their bodies when active’

Good Luck xD

• 2 weeks later...
Hi County - sorry it has taken so long to reply - had a mad few days put finished work today so can put my feet up

:o

No I didn't put expected outcomes on my plans - this was dealt with later in the assignment. I just submitted 3 weeks using that format. I combined E5 and E6 here is an example of what I put

E5/E6/E9

Assault Course to promote physical development.

The youngest children could be helped to jump from hoop to hoop, walk along a log with assistance, and throw bean bags into large hoops. The middle ability children could walk on the log with less assistance, negotiate a path around obstacles on a scooter and throw bean bags into smaller hoops. The highest ability children could walk sideways along the log and jump off, hop around cones forwards, backwards and sideways and become engaged in throwing and catching bean bags with another child or adult.

This would help them achieve the following early learning goals of physical development of EYFS:-

- ‘travel around, under, over and through balancing and climbing equipment’

- ‘recognise the changes that happen to their bodies when active’

Good Luck xD

Hi Vicky

have been following this interesting thread as chugging along with unit 2 - did you submit two seperate plans following on from each other and how did you count the word count? just the text in the squares as the others are headings or all of it ? Thanks ! Claire

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Vicky

have been following this interesting thread as chugging along with unit 2 - did you submit two seperate plans following on from each other and how did you count the word count? just the text in the squares as the others are headings or all of it ? Thanks ! Claire

Hi Claire - sorry it has taken so long to reply, for some reason I missed your post. I submitted 3 weeks planning and only counted the words in the boxes as you don't have to include headings in the word count :o

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Claire - sorry it has taken so long to reply, for some reason I missed your post. I submitted 3 weeks planning and only counted the words in the boxes as you don't have to include headings in the word count :o

thanks for the advice vicky.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi ladies, I am sure you have all finished your course now, but I really need help. I am working in UAE, abu dhabi as a teacher assistant whilst trying to complete my course, and feel that the guidance just isn't there. I started my course over a year ago, and just cant seem to get it finished. Long story, laptop stolen etc etc.

Anyway I am also struggling, a lot with the course and feel like I have no support.

Can you recommend any advice? Good sites? short term planning templates? The ones recommended earlier I cannot access :(

hope to hear from you soon

joanne

• 4 months later...

Hi Joanne,

How did you do on your course? I am stuck on the planning aspect too. There are so many different formats out there and it is really confusing to wade through them all.

PS. I am also a year behind.

Kerry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)