Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dissertation Help! Transition From Foundation To Year 1 And Opport

Hi

This is my first post and second time writing this very same message! I am not really sure if it is going to work but I hope it does!

I am currently in my final year on the BA Primary Education degree with QTS. I decided to subscribe to the forum after finding some of the topics really useful to get me started on my dissertation. I have been a member for a few weeks now but this is the first time I have plucked up the courage to actually start a topic.

I am currently writing my dissertation and am doing a small research project looking at the transition of children from Foundation 2 to Year 1. So far I have completed a small survey with a year 1 class to find out what play based activity they miss the most now they are in Year. I am then going to implement this activity in the year 1 classroom and observe the children. Secondly I have interviewed a group of children to find out what they think to being in year 1 and how it is different.

I would now like to get a parents view and find out what parents think to play in foundation and in year 1. I was wondering if anyone had any sample questionnaires that they have sent out to get a parents perspective.

I look forward to reading any responses I may get!

Hi Sprogit and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I can't help with the questionnaire but would be happy to complete on as a parent. My daughter was lucky enough to be in a joint reception/year one class last year and I know that the play based ethos in there was very valuable to her.

Good luck with your dissertation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)