Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Quality And Access For All Grant

We are childminders from Staffordshire trying to obtain access to this funding which has been provided by the government to each council to boost the quality of provision in the PVI sectors. Staffordshire County Council decided childminders were not eligible to apply for this grant.

We would be interested to hear what other childminders have managed to claim from their councils and the sort of projects they have managed to fund.

If you are from Staffordshire could you let us know what sort of resources you would find useful if you were to apply for funding.

Is this the same as the Capital Grant Funding? I live in Derbyshire and as a childminder am applying for up to £5000 to improve my provision.

I'm in Dudley and 2 years ago all the childminders were asked to apply for Capital Grant Funding. Completed a form, had an audit visit, completed another form in March last year and.............. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

No feedback, no news and certainly no funding xD

Nona

I'm just finishing off completing my application form and the panel meet early March. Myself and other childminders have been assured that we are being considered on the same level as the nurseries etc... but I suppose only time will tell. Ill be gutted if I don't get it, I've spent hours on the application form had to complete business plans, produce accounts etc.... The whole process has certainly put off most of the childminders I know, with only myself and two others applying out of a group of over 30 minders in the area.

I'm in Dudley and 2 years ago all the childminders were asked to apply for Capital Grant Funding. Completed a form, had an audit visit, completed another form in March last year and.............. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

No feedback, no news and certainly no funding xD

Nona

I'm in PVI and have done exactly the same as you Nona, although I know of lots of settings who have had money there are some who haven't but I don't know why.

I can not get anyone from early years to even say 'no sorry your not successful' our patio area is in an awful state with lots of accidents being recorded, when they came for the visit they even said themselves its high priorty. As we are a charity we don't have enough money to pay for this ourselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)