Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Writing Belts - Has Anyone Introduced Them?

Hi, I saw something called a writing belt on an early years website and thought they looked really interesting. They are a bit like builder's belts but instead of tools they have notepads, pencils and old mobile phones in them. The idea is that they encourage the children in CLL around the setting and at any opportuntiy which may arise. I'm particularily thinking they would work for some of our boys and especially in out door play. I wondered if anyone had introduced them and if so were they are sucess?

Thanks!

Hi Lisawoolf

I haven't heard of writing belts but they sound interesting! Where did you see them? Or wonder if it would be possible to make our own! :o

Beehive

Hi, I saw them on a site called Heritage Treasure Baskets: www.heritagetreasurebaskets.co.uk

They really look great.

Lisa

I like that idea (our staff have them for cameras, post-its, pens etc.), I'm sure we could make our own and the kids would love them. We have writing toolkits that the children can carry around (boxes with handle that are supposed to be for cleaning stuff £1.00 from Asda)- boys love them (have made it a 'Ben 10 Writing Toolkit'!) - now need shelves on the walls as the boys like to write standing up!

I like that idea (our staff have them for cameras, post-its, pens etc.), I'm sure we could make our own and the kids would love them. We have writing toolkits that the children can carry around (boxes with handle that are supposed to be for cleaning stuff £1.00 from Asda)- boys love them (have made it a 'Ben 10 Writing Toolkit'!) - now need shelves on the walls as the boys like to write standing up!

I also like the idea of writing toolkits, thanks for that!

I am sooo loving these writing belts - shouldn't be too difficult to make either!

ANd the writing "cleaning box" idea too!!!

I'd love to hear from you if you trial them. I'm going to make something similar with fabric from the scrap scheme and give them a go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)