Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Police Activities

Hi Everyone,

I really need some inspiration!!! Last week I observed a large number of children playing lots of 'cops & robber' type games. As a result this week I've focussed my activities around the police theme. We've had a police role-play outdoors, the children have dressed up in police costumes, made 'Wanted' posters, used internet & non-fiction books to find out about the role of a police officer (tried to get community police to come into school but to no avail!!! xD ), looked at finger prints and took our own finger prints. The children have really enjoyed it and appear to be interested to carry it on next week. I just really don't know what to do next???? :o Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated???

Hi, how about introducing small world police station if you have one. Making police stations from junk modelling. Paining helmets and police cars, this could be done as a focused activity. How about making your role play area into a police station with a desk, telephone handcuffs, pretend jail. Great opportunities for emergent writing, could make police notebooks with police logo on the front (download from internet).

Hope these are a few more ideas

Chris x :o

Hi,

You could extend it to people who help us and once you've completely exhausted the police theme move on to the next the children like wich probably will be doctors.

Here's a link for making badges on the computers: http://www.kenttrustweb.org.uk/kentict/con...lpMeID_v4g.html

We are in the middle of being Firefighters, rescuing small world people from Doll's houses.

Sorry, I've deviated quite a bit. :o

Great ideas already. You could also set up a kind of 'crime scene' with clues, gloves to examine evidence, etc. I do this with older students and I have some proper police crime scene tape. It adds to the authenticity!

Freefaller we're doing firefighters next week, would welcome any great ideas, love the small world dolls rescue.

Thank you for all your quick replies!!! :o Great ideas!!! Went into school today and 10 children are off with chicken pox!! Children ended up abandoning police and started pretending to have chicken pox themselves!! Looks like it's going to be doctors next week instead!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)