Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Prospectus/leaflet For Childminders?

Tink69

Hi everyone

I had a new parent come to visit today and they asked if I had any information they could take home e.g leaflet/prospectus . I know nurseries do this but I don't have anything like that at the moment as have only been minding since Sept 09, so plenty of other paperwork to get organised! Are there any childminders that have one and if so what sort of information have you put in it, How big is it ? Anybody like to share what they have?

A big thank-you in advance :o

I did a leaflet - you can just do it 1 sheet of A4. YOu can out in things like fees, opening hours, what is included in your fees, a little about your experience, training, activities that you will be doing with the children, Ofsted report if you have one yet, a bit about you. Just to give a taster of why you are so great, really.

I have done an information leaflet too, using MS Publisher to make a tri fold brochure. I send this to parents who call me so they have basic info on myself and my setting and can then decide if they want to call and arrange a visit. I then got a load of them printed up by VistaPrint when they were doing one of their many offers so I have professionqal looking leaflets on nice glossy paper for not much dosh to hand out or send to parents.

I have also done a full prospectus (which is 5 sheets of A4) to cover the majority of info I cover in the initial meeting/interview with parents as there is quite a lot to take in (and understand and clarify) when you start discussing retainers, deposits, daily schedules and so on - they can look at this before a meeting and will then either understand what I'm actually talking about or be able to ask questions that are not on the prospectus, it also means they can go home and discuss all that was covered with family to help them feel reassured they are making the right choice!! It appears to take the pressure off on both sides, and since I've been using it all the parents who have had it have taken up the places.... coincidence more than likely, but I'm gonna stick with it!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)