Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Case Study Approach

Guest lucyevans

Guest lucyevans

Just waiting for my tutor to get back to me, but I really want to make a start on the Analysis Chapter today...

I am using a Case Study Approach... does anyone know if this makes any difference in terms of how I write up Chapter 4? Do I need to write up a Case Study Report to put in the Appendix - or can I just write up sections of the observations and interview. Or is Chapter 4 a case of using the data/findings to answer the questions (themes) I identified in the Literature Review?

Thank you in anticipation,

Lucy

Hi Lucy

This sounds like quite a technical question to me - so please forgive my confusion. Without knowing what is in chapters 1-3 it is difficult to know what to say. Does the data you are analysing result only from your case study or from other sources too? I imagine that if you have stated what the case study found in another chapter it wouldn't be necessasry to do a full case study report for the appendix. I think I remember being told that you can't refer to findings or information that only appears in the Appendices, so I wonder if doing a case study report might be a duplication of effort?

I know that's not very helpful - perhaps this is one of those instances where you need to hang on for your tutor's reply - unless of course you have a study buddy who is a member here!

Good luck!

Maz

Guest lucyevans

It seems it doesn't make any difference - I was just making things more complicated for myself ;-)

Lucy

Hi Lucy

This sounds like quite a technical question to me - so please forgive my confusion. Without knowing what is in chapters 1-3 it is difficult to know what to say. Does the data you are analysing result only from your case study or from other sources too? I imagine that if you have stated what the case study found in another chapter it wouldn't be necessasry to do a full case study report for the appendix. I think I remember being told that you can't refer to findings or information that only appears in the Appendices, so I wonder if doing a case study report might be a duplication of effort?

I know that's not very helpful - perhaps this is one of those instances where you need to hang on for your tutor's reply - unless of course you have a study buddy who is a member here!

Good luck!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)