Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help With Lesson Observation

Hi

just found out that i am to be obserevd by LEA and my headteacher in a few weeks, the focus is shared writting, and our topic at the miniute is superheroes, they are looking at this in all classses but i feel really nervous about it.

I would really appreciate any help or advice on how to make it practicle and fun and how to run the shared writing session.

Thanks so much for any advice you can give.

Hi

Can't think of any ideas for the lesson but if you move onto guided writing one thing I did which my head liked was to give each child a coloured piece of card with pictures on - one for full stops, one for finger spaces and one for sounds. I put them in front of the children when they were writing to remind them and then when they had finished their sentence they had to tell me which ones they had used and turn over the card. It was good for self assessment.

hope that is helpful. I've got an observation on Maths on Wed with my assisstant head and head and then the week after we have got the LEA doing an overall observation of the foundation stage.

GOOD LUCK!

Becs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)