Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C15 Again Im Afraid

Hi I'm a newy plz can you help with a couple of questions?

What external factors and constraints make it difficult for children's rights to be promoted?

What are the legal requirements of evidence for involving an authorized professional at an early stage?

If it helps any I work in a day nursery for children 0-3 yrs

Hi Julie, I think you could say that childrens rights can be overturned by parents who say 'it's my child and I'll do what I want'. Where do you go from there? Culturally, things are done which we in this country would condemn but can we argue with parents rights to continue something that is traditional for them?

I read recently...

“Peter Newell, a promoter of British children’s rights, commented on the irony that we don’t condone hurting animals but we protect parents who decide to hurt their children. In British (and Australian) society, children form the only group that is not protected from violence. (Newell 1995)” (Child Protection- a guide for teachers and child care professionals, Freda Briggs and Russell Hawkins, 1997).

This question was asked a few weeks ago but I have absolutly no idea of of how to show you how to the relevent post. Have a look round at the other posts or wait for someone clever to show you the way. Good luck :D

Hello and Welcome!

Part 1: Family attitudes, cultural influences, the child's previous relationship with adults ie cannot trust, where the incident occurs

Part 2: There must be NO DELAY in taking action and the person in charge should take immediate action to inform local social services, and the social services dept then have a legal duty to investigate alll reports.

Hope this is of some help!!

Kristina

Hi - Dept. of Health produce several leaflets - What to do if you're worried a child is being abused - a flow chart for referral. and a booklet(26 pages),

Web site: www.doh.gov.uk/sfeguardingchildren/index.htm

Hope it helps, Sue.

Hi - Dept. of Health produce several leaflets - What to do if you're worried a child is being abused - a flow chart for referral. and a booklet(26 pages),

Web site: www.doh.gov.uk/safeguardingchildren/index.htm

Hope it helps, Sue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)