Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cc's Development Criteria?

Hello,

I Wonder if anyone could help me. I'm thinking of applying for a job in a Children's centre and one of the questions on the application form is

"demonstrate your awareness of Children Centres development criteria"

I feel like I know quite a bit about how CC's work but I'm not sure what this statement even means.

What is the development criteria, can anyone help?

Many thanks.

Hello,

I Wonder if anyone could help me. I'm thinking of applying for a job in a Children's centre and one of the questions on the application form is

"demonstrate your awareness of Children Centres development criteria"

I feel like I know quite a bit about how CC's work but I'm not sure what this statement even means.

What is the development criteria, can anyone help?

Many thanks.

You could start by looking up CC core offer. I think it would be a good initial search.

hi Saphire

I would suggest the same thing ! Think of ways you could develop groups/sessions in the centre to meet the core offer.

What position in the children centre are you looking at -centre worker, teacher,family support or other.If I had more detail perhaps i could help more(I am CCW but work very closely with teacher and occasionally with FS!)Unsworth

Ah, thanks you guys, that makes a bit more sense now.

So really its about the development of the CC to providing full core offer? What needs to be done, that sort of thing?

Its a teacher position in a CC, I think more of a training, consultancy, supportive role than actual teaching I think. From what I've read up up about QT positions in CC's it seems every job is completely different and it depends on the Local authority.

It sounds really interesting though and something I've been thinking about for a while.

Thanks again, any other pearls of wisdom would be greatly recieved!

hi again

A teachers position- our teachers main role is to be the lead in EYFS, planning in the centre and our attached nursery.She supports all staff, she is the centre SENCO,she is invovled in running a few sessions although we (CCW)are taking more of these over now. I think your role would be similar so if you decide to go for it think about how you would develop certain sessions/groups to meet the needs of our centre users (single parents,fathers,refugees,childminders,families with additional needs)In our authority lots of our centres already run sessions/groups for the above so thats why you should think about how you could develop them further? Good Luck.

Ah, thanks you guys, that makes a bit more sense now.

So really its about the development of the CC to providing full core offer? What needs to be done, that sort of thing?

Its a teacher position in a CC, I think more of a training, consultancy, supportive role than actual teaching I think. From what I've read up up about QT positions in CC's it seems every job is completely different and it depends on the Local authority.

It sounds really interesting though and something I've been thinking about for a while.

Thanks again, any other pearls of wisdom would be greatly recieved!

Hello Saphire,

The Full Core Offer is an excellent start to research to plan for any groups you might set up or lead on in the CC, even if you are going in as a consultant you will need to know the Full Core Offer as this is what we work from within the CC. Also familiarise yourself with the Every Child Matters (ECM) website as we also follow the ECM framework. When thinking of your hard to reach families, apart from the families everyone else has mentioned also think about, teenage parents, parents in prison, parents with learning difficulties, travelling families.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Rosepetal

Hello Saphire,

The Full Core Offer is an excellent start to research to plan for any groups you might set up or lead on in the CC, even if you are going in as a consultant you will need to know the Full Core Offer as this is what we work from within the CC. Also familiarise yourself with the Every Child Matters (ECM) website as we also follow the ECM framework. When thinking of your hard to reach families, apart from the families everyone else has mentioned also think about, teenage parents, parents in prison, parents with learning difficulties, travelling families.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Rosepetal

Saphire,

Just thought of something else, find out what phase the CC is. Where I am based we have different CC in the town and they are all different phases, such as phase one, phase two and phase three.

Rosepetal

Ah thanks for that,

So depending on which phase the children centre is depends on when it will reach....what's the phrase I'm looking for? ...meeting its full core services?

Saphire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)