Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lifting Children

Hello

I need to include a section on lifting children in my H&S policy and wondered what yours may say and am I correct in saying that to correctly lift a child you kneel close to the child with one knee on the ground and the other foot on the ground, lift them onto your knee, then to your chest/hip depending on the size of the child, and then gradually stand up?

Thanks

ppp

• 1 month later...

Don't know the answer to this - as far as I'm aware I'd be expected never to lift a child (work in a school). But thought I'd bump your post up so others might see it and answer for you!

Thanks lucyhobbit!

I've later found out that it is soon to become a requirement of our H&S policies. I'm off on a H&S course on Tuesday (what fun!) hope that they'll cover it so will report back if anyone would like to know more.

ppp

I've just done a manual handling course and it was only briefly covered, although moving tables and equipment was spoken about over and over and over again.

I have just had a quick look at the booklet we were giving and there is nothing specific in there but I did find this online if it is any good to tweak maybe

http://www.educationleeds.co.uk/documents/...d.aspx?fid=4739

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)