Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reading Familiar Words

Just asking on behalf of our children centre person who has been asked to interventions withchildren aimes at (fsp point reading 3-familiar words and is ot sure how to do this and i was not much help either. Fortunatley i knew i hadyou guys x x x

The words children might be reading for point 3, as I understand it are:

Name cards - eg on coat pegs, at snack time etc.

Labels around the setting - such as on boxes of resources, areas etc

Environmental print - eg. logos for shops, familiar food products - the kind of thing you might have in your role play area

yeah she is not a tacher she is employed to work with the bottom 20% and was just low on some ideas so they recieve this as well as everything elsex

You will also need a very print rich environment - children should be getting the idea that the pattern of letters stays constant and that is what they are recognising. There is no definitive list of "words" as such, it's the conceptual understanding you need to be supporting.

I might be recognising Boots, Macdonalds and Ben ten but not my name, I'm still recognising familiar words.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)