Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registers / Signing In

Hi, At the setting I work in we get the parents to sign their children in on arrival and we sign them in as well, then the parents sign them out, as i'm unsure does anyone know if its an Ofsted or EYFS reqiurement for the parents to sign them in and out, is it possible for just the staff to do it. I know we have to have a register but it does cause a lot of hassel the parents having to wait to sign it.

we use a self registration board for the children to bring their names in and put on the board, then myself or deputy register, parents never sign them in or out.

Is this ok with Ofsted, we r due one and I dont want to fail, also we have children as young as 3 months so obviously they can't self reg.

Do you get parents to sign the attendance record weekly? When I was childminding this is what I did, and my attendance book was set up like this.

I had a conversation with a colleague at the nursery recently and she stated that Ofsted were recently very happy with our method of registration;

the staff member on the door signs in each child and staff (plus any additional adults), the children do a self register board - however the emphasis is on the staff member doing the register at the door so we know who is on the premises at all times.

We then do a sit down register which is really to prepare the older children for school.

As far as parents signing in/out, it should really be up to the staff to sign in/out everyone as you are accountable.

Hope that helps and isn't too confusing,

Spiral.

Our parents sign their children in/out. Children then self-register by finding their name card and bringing it in to stick on the board. Most parents remember and we check it during session so we can remind forgetful parents to do it when picking up. Ofsted were happy (are they ever??) with this at last inspection.

Hi - our system is very similar to Spirals - the member of staff on the door enters the names of all children as they come in into an 'arrivals' book (also includes staff and visitors). The children collect and post their names after they have hung up their coats etc. Once everyone is in and the doors are closed (which can take a while!) then we sit briefly for 'register' and chat! A member of staff signs when all children have been collected at end of session. If a child leaves early or is collected particularly late then the time is written in arrivals book and parent, and/ or staff, as appropriate signs. Works well for us and covers all bases!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)